WWI Somme Battlefields Private Tour
A full-day tour of the Somme battlefields where you can pay respect to French and British military history. Go back in time as you walk through one of the bloodiest battles' sites in the history of World War I.
Duration: 2 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
We'll also visit the Deville Wood cemetery where thousands of fallen soldiers were buried and see the gigantic mine crater in Lochnagar that is 100 meters long.
Witness various war memorials throughout the area including Thiepval, a site dedicated to British soldiers. You'll come across the Ulster Tower ad and the well-maintained Beaumont-Hamel Newfoundland Memorial.
Visit the Australian National Memorial at Villers-Bretonneux which serves as a tribute to the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) during the Battle of Somme.
Before the tour ends, we'll visit the Historial Great War Museum in Peronne where you can view more than 50,000 historic objects which are related to civilian and military life in France during the war.
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Transport is wheelchair accessible however be prepared for uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchairco
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if the booking is canceled 2 days or less before the event
Operated by: Tours From Paris