Private Etruscan History Tour from Civitavecchia: Tarquinia and Tuscania - Rome
Step back in time and discover the rich history of the Etruscans. Etruria was once a thriving region of Central Italy, located in the area that covered what is now Lazio, Tuscany and Umbria.
Duration: 8 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
Stop At: Museo Nazionale Tarquiniense, Tarquinia, Province of Viterbo, Lazio
Housed within Palazzo Vitelleschi, the National Etruscan Museum of Tarquinia is beyond doubt among the main attractions of the city.
The Palazzo Vitelleschi deserves a visit for itself!
Built by Cardinal Giovanni Vitelleschi between 1436 and 1439 with a design by Giovanni Dalmata, thanks to the simultaneous presence of Gothic and Renaissance elements and a true architectural masterpiece.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Necropoli di Tarquinia, Tarquinia, Province of Viterbo, Lazio
The Etruscan Necropolis of Monterozzi is located over an upland east of Tarquinia (Viterbo) and counts with approximately 6,000 tombs, most of them space dug into the rock and surmounted by a tumulus, the oldest of them dating back to the seventh century BC
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pizzeria Tarquinia
A nice walk through the narrow streets of the Historical Center of Tarquinia.In Piazza Giacomo Matteotti where you will find the Palazzo Comunale, the monumental eighteenth-century fountain
Duration: 30 minutes
All taxes, fees, and handling charges,Port pickup and drop-off,Tarquinia and Tuscania city maps,Driver/guide,Transport by private vehicle
- If you would like to visit the Tarquinia Museum and Necropolis the entrance fees are: 6 EUR for the Museum, 6 EUR for the Necropolis, or 8 EUR for both
- If you would like to visit the Tuscania museum and Necropolis, entry is free
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nazionale Tarquiniense
- Entry/Admission - Necropoli di Tarquinia
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Dress code is smart casual
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
- Adult pricing applies to all passengers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.